CareersNOW! has partnered with the Discover Ability Network to streamline hiring and retention of qualified individuals with disabilities.
CareersNOW! has partnered with the Discover Ability Network — a recruitment resource created by the Ontario Chamber of Commerce — to streamline hiring and retention of qualified individuals with disabilities for Ontario’s food and beverage processing sector.
This new pilot will support up to 8 Ontario businesses in hiring and retaining skilled individuals that are also people with disabilities.
- Easy access to the Discover Ability Network for job postings and candidate matching with technical support provided.
- Sharing of participant job postings with employment service providers across Ontario to connect with candidates across several labour pools.
- Coordination by the CareersNOW! and Discover Ability Network team on engaging with potential candidates for interviewing.
Training and retention allowance of $1000 per hire for SME’s that hire 5 or more candidates
Job posting promotion and enhancement
- Access to training on disability and employment topics including accommodations and disclosure and hiring and retaining talent with a disability.
- Unique supports provided by employment service providers such as onsite coaching for new hires, wage subsidies, accommodation supports, and guidance on equity, diversity, and inclusion.